Sliding Glass Door with Dog Door Built In
The dog door conversion kit is a sensibly designed, custom built, weather-tight panel that fits your existing sliding glass door and patio door. While the pet door keeps the weather out, you still have full use of the sliding door, latch and screen. It allows your pet to potty without you.
The dog door conversion kit by Pet Door Guys comes in small, medium, large, & x-large sizes.
“Give us the size, that is, the width, height, and OA, which is the overall thickness of your existing glass door pane. We’ll build a custom pet door insert, which arrives fully assembled, ready for your local glass company to install in your sliding patio door.”
About the Pet Door Conversion Kit
No need to worry about your pet door compromising the security of your home. Not only does the “In the Glass” model have a magnetic lining so it snaps closed, it also includes a locking cover for added security.
This “In the Glass” model uses your existing sliding glass door to ensure that your house looks the same way that it did prior to the installation. This custom-made design replaces the existing glass in the sliding glass door with a new, durable pane. It comes pre-installed with the high-quality Endura Flap® doggie door, which is an insulating, flexible flap that withstands extremely harsh climates.
In addition to the added security, the “In the Glass” model has a sleek design that doesn’t inhibit the view through the glass. Matching to your current slider frame, this door has a seamless installation that is as aesthetically pleasing as it is well-engineered.
Pet Door Features:
- Tempered, dual-pane glass matches the original glass. If the original glass pane is Low-E or tinted, you have the option of selecting this glass type for an additional charge
- Vinyl frame comes in white or beige
Flap sizes range from small to extra-large
- Works for cats or dogs
- Sturdy Endura Flap® energy-efficient pet door combats severe, four-season climates with magnetic lining
- Clear flap allows your pet to see through comfortably
- Locking cover included
Benefits of a Sliding Glass Door with Dog Door Built in:
- Easy entry and exit for people and pets
The built-in design doesn’t take up additional space
- Doesn’t require weatherstripping like patio pet door panels
- Ensures door security by using the original door lock
- Keeps out bugs and prevents wind and rain from blowing through
- You no longer have to let your pets in and out at all hours of the day
- Saving the original glass pane allows you the option to reinstall it in the future if need be
Frequently Asked Questions
I have a patio door with a glass insert, will this conversion kit work on the patio door?
I'm unsure what size will work best so my dog will fit through the door. Can I bring him in to test?
Absolutely! Our showroom is pet friendly. You can see from the picture below that this bulldog Bru and his owner came by to test. He is standing next to an XL. Call 253-863-2297 or fill out the form below for more information.
Can I buy directly from the Pet Door Guys?
No, you must buy from a local vendor like GlassMan, Inc. Call 253-863-2297 for any questions about the conversion kit.
How do I go about getting an estimate or a quote? How quickly can I get a quote?
Generally we can give you a verbal quote over the phone before we send a technician out to your home, thus giving you a general idea of your cost. We would need to know product being repaired or replaced, as well approximate size. Once we have a field measure, we can usually have a firm proposal done and ready for you in 24 to 48 hours.